Tuesday, July 5, 2011

#4

Family

As you can see, I haven't been blogging too long but I'm getting the hang on it.  It seems like its a spur of the moment thing for me and I just throw on here whats going on with me.  Guess thats what blogging is all about. 
My wife, daughter, dog, and I just spent the 4th weekend with my parents and had a blast.  My daughter, Baylee, had so much fun swimming and playing with the dogs, it's unbelieveable.  My thing is, whenever we visit any of my family, there's never enough time and leaving is so hard to do.  I try to be a strong person with a tight upper lip but with all that were going through, its getting harder and harder to say goodbye, even if its for a few weeks.  I'm lucky to have such a strong family and a wonderful wife that is so understanding and helps me through it.  I couldn't ask for a better person than Steph. 

On another note, I'm on Twitter and have been following a VERY inspiring and a true man of God, Baron Batch.  If you don't know him, he's a graduate of Texas Tech and a former Red Raider running back.  He was recently drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers and has gained a huge following in the Steeler Nation.  One guy that follows him saw that I'd asked to be followed on Baron's page.  I'd posted something to the effect of, "could a father/husband/cancer survivor/superfan get a follow?"  The young man is from Pittsburgh, and sent me a tweet telling me that surviving this is awesome, and a blessing and that him just knowing that I'm surviving is inspiring him.  I would never in a million years think of my battle as inspiring but I guess looking into the glass that is my life I could see that.  so to TheRealBMW412, thanks for kick starting me on my blog today.  Big Ups to ya!!
Heath

No comments:

Post a Comment