Friday, August 12, 2011

Hard headed but inspired

I've heard it said I don't know how many times, God does things for a reason and puts people in your life for a reason and He has a reason for everything. I'm 35 and heard that my whole life.  it's hit me in the head like hail stones on a tin roof my entire life. Now as a 35 yr old I'm finally able to understand it. Like one of those hail stones finally busted through that tin roof of my head.  I have a beautiful wife in my life that gave me a gorgeous daughter that I'd do anything for. I have friends that are physically close to me that I can lean on in hard times and talk to about all of my "gobbledy-goo." I have friends on the various social media outlets that are as supportive as anyone ever. I have a Sunday school class that would burn down the house for my family if it would help us in the least. I have family that would drop anything to/be with us anywhere anytime. I've had people that really inspire me as well. I have a person that doesn't even know but that has been about as inspiring of a person as anyone could be. Baron Batch is a Texas Tech graduate and played football for the Red Raiders. He was drafted be the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 7th round in the NFL draft. From all reports I've read he's really impressed in training camp. Well Wednesday during full contact practice, after running the ball and making a great play, he went down untouched and a popping sound was heard. He tore his ACL. The very next day he was blogging about it and calling this a detour that God has put in front if him. What an attitude. His dream of playing football in the NFL is in jeopardy and dim his blog, he's just taking it all in stride. I have no idea how someone could be so calm in such stormy times. 
So if you have a hankerin to read his blog go to baronbatch.blogspot.com. Read the whole thing. Every blog entry is good. May take some time but well worth the read. 

Heath

No comments:

Post a Comment