Monday, August 15, 2011

#6

Well here it is, I'm blogging for the second time in a week.  Holy cow!!! 

I've been thinking about myself lately (sounds kinda self-centered) and have made some discoveries about myself.  I'm not and never have been the fastest guy on any team i was on.  Wasn't the most athletic nor the tallest.  I've been a decent golfer until the last year due to being a new father and having the cancer crapola.  Never the strongest nor the smartest person in pretty much any room I was in.  But I've figured out what I'm really good at being, and its been a trial by fire. And not to sound egotystical, but I'm a darn good dad, and I think thats what God has put me on this earth to be.  Yes, trial by fire is the understatement of the year.  My daughter is my everything and I would do absolutely anything for this kiddo.  And no, I don't have the best paying job in the world and I regret the fact that I haven't finished college. My dad told me, my grandaddy would have loved to watch me walk across that stage and recieve that diploma, but he would have loved to meet this precious angel of mine even more.  There I go, off on a tangent again.  Anyway, other than the whole college thing, no regrets.  My job does afford me the ability to pick my Baylee bug up anytime after noon any day of the week.  Sucks to go in at 4am but from noon on, the day is mine.  So from time to time we have daddy/Baylee afternoons, and those are the best days ever.
So thank you Lord for allowing me to be a father.  Its not the easiest job and the pay stinks but I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Heath

1 comment:

  1. I think you are right, God had a great plan for you and little miss Baylee was definitely a huge part of it! And trial by fire is the ONLY way to accurately describe parenthood!

    ReplyDelete