Sunday, August 28, 2011

#7

Sunday afternoons are quite possibly the best part of my week.  This Sunday is no exeption.  After a very good Sunday School message, Baylee, Steph, and I met one of Steph's best friends from high school, her husband, and her sister at Wild Burger on 50th and Indiana.  BTW, if you haven't had a burger there, they definately don't suck.  Great burger, great convo, and fun hanging out with the gang.  We're on the way home and Baylee, dressed in her beautiful Sunday dress, was teetering on the brink of sleep.  We decide she doesn't need to sleep in the car since changing her at home will get her wired for sound, so we keep her butt awake.  Not fun at all.  Changed her clothes and she laid right down and went right to sleep, as did mommy and daddy.  We all got up after a 2-3 hr nap and that kiddo was happy as a lark.  She's been so happy and so much fun these past few days and its so exciting to see her learn.  She's so smart and makes my heart glad to see her learn and advance.  Its sad too because i can remember picking her up from her old daycare around noon everyday and her having a bottle and napping with me in the recliner.  Her tiny little head would fit in the crook of my elbow and her little feet would barely reach my hands.  She was and still is so beautiful but was so helpless then.  Makes me just a tad bit sad but excites me that she's getting so independent.  For those that read this that have kids you completely understand where I'm coming from.  For those that haven't been blessed with Gods joy of kids, it is truly a blessing and when people say they grow up too fast, they aren't lying.  14 months have flown by and I couldn't be prouder of this joy in my life.  I know, I'm bragging and boasting about her but I'm a dad, I get to do that from time to time.

Much love and happyness to all who read this, It's gonna be a great week peeps.


Heath

1 comment:

  1. I love that you "brag" so openly! Lots of dads just don't open their hearts up to the public. You're a great dad, and yes, children definitely are blessings from God.

    ReplyDelete